Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 107: More brick, tiling, priming walls, garage doors, ac.......

Hey everyone :)  Jamie's been gone all week (I hate these weeks!) so I decided to surprise him and update the blog.  I'm sure I won't do it the exact way he wants, but that's what happens when I'm in charge!  Maybe I could get used to this.

The kids and I went over to the house tonight - per Sami's request.  Yes, the kids are actually requesting to go to the house now.  You can tell they are getting excited about living there.  I love that!  (Or maybe it's just that they want to climb dirt piles, but I like to think they just get excited about the house)  It really is getting exciting.  The brick is moving right along - they are already to the front of the house.  Today, the tile guy starting laying tile.  They aren't grouted together yet (I'm sure that's not the correct terminology), but they look awesome.  Plus, the fireplace came today.  That was a surprise to me - thought it would be Monday.  And, the walls are all primed.  It actually looks like the inside of a house (well except that there aren't lights, switches, outlets, rails.... but other than that it does!).  Oh yeah, and the garage doors are in!  I amazed the kids with my supermom powers to open them (without garage door openers - plus the keypads aren't in yet).  Here are some pictures from our adventures today:
A/C Unit
Laundry Room Tile 

Primed Foyer

Fireplace

Master Bath

Jake's Room - we painted it, he picked the color

Heat Pump Closet

Kids Bathroom

Sami's Room

Kara's Room

Other Kids Bath

Alli's Room

Garage Doors

Brick by front porch

Side of house

No comments:

Post a Comment