Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 18 - Basement Walls Finshed

So yesterday (Friday), the foundation crew removed all of the wall forms to expose the completed basement walls. We finally made it over today to take a look at the finished product and take some pictures. It is definitely hard to visualize how it will feel when everything is complete. Everything seems smaller than it actually is (we hope). Here are the pictures from today:

Basement level looking toward front porch.

Looking toward where the furnace and water heater will be and my office.

Unknown opening (to me) in the area where my office will be.

Looking toward the doors that lead out of the basement.

Basement door.

Rear view.

Fireplace bump out and steps in foundation to follow the slope of the yard.

Garage view.

Front porch.

Garage.
Next week, the plan is to lay out the plumbing in the basement and weather-proof the foundation. I hope that the rain stays to a minimum during the week and everything can get done. Unfortunately, I will be out-of-town all week, so I won't be able to put up pictures until the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment